After 2 weeks, we are happy to report that we have figured out the issue with the Ledger wallets. We post a workaround below and have deployed non-forking fix (v220.127.116.11) to the XST repository. Files for download are at https://github.com/StealthSend/Stealth/releases/tag/v18.104.22.168
The people at LedgerWallet have been very helpful during this process, and we would like to thank them for all of their assistance.
The ledger software works fine, the XST software works fine, but there is an incompatibility between the two that was not known before.
It took a while to isolate the issue, but we have worked it out and Ledger will deploy it within a few days.
For now, here is a workaround:
It is easy with Nano S.
- In the Ledger Wallet software, go to the menu items Settings ➔ Tools ➔ Reset Application Data
- Go to your Nano S settings and set the timeout for as long as it can be.
- Create a transaction and wait for it to ask you to confirm
- Wait about 13 minutes. Just let the confirmation screen sit there. Don’t touch your Ledger. This means to stare at the following screen for 13 min:
- Confirm on the Ledger after 13 minutes.
- The Nano S can have a 15 minute time out, so this will work easily.
- The Ledger Blue has a 5 minute time out, so you have to hit the power button and re-enter your pin at the 13 minute mark, then confirm the transaction.